Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

We're 1-to1!!

Mahoney is now a "1-to-1" technology school. Every student and teacher has a modern personal computing device to use for teaching and learning each day. 7th and 8th graders have had MLTI laptops for the past 9 years. And this fall, 6th graders joined the 1-to-1 group. The 3-Teacher Team students have Macbooks during the day, while the 2-Teacher Team students have iPads. Teachers now know that every student can always get to online learning sites and resources for research as well as creative learning tools for making products to demonstrate and reinforce learning.

So students, what's your favorite program, website or app for learning? Leave your comment below. (All comments are moderated for content.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the laptops they are awesome i love useing them

Anonymous said...

The laptops are great! I really enjoy my teacher's site. It has so many useful links! It would be fun to have an IPad though. My classmates and I had to wait a year to bring the laptops home and now the sixth graders get IPads and laptops. In no way am I trying to be rude or disrespectful, it just doesn't seem "fair" in a child eye. I don't have to sign the check though! Thanks for the wonderful tool!
Signed, Jasmine M.

Anonymous said...

I think the laptops are really cool and useful tools. I think that some of the Mac only programs are hard to do homework on if you can't bring your laptop home.